Metso FieldCare™ – Device and Asset Management software
Metso FieldCare provides real-time information under operational process conditions, and its ability to browse and store data makes prediction of device condition extremely accurate. The information it provides supports predictive maintenance and can be used to plan regular maintenance activities, ensuring sufficient time to order spare parts and plan for service operations. Metso FieldCare™ lowers the cost of ownership as it can manage any device and any communication protocol, helps plan maintenance activities and, as part of the process control system, will be a valuable addition no matter what developments may be introduced in the future.
Metso FieldCare provides a single tool with which to manage any device in any communication protocol, and its web-enabled interfaces allow for the information to be distributed anywhere across the user's network in real time. Its ability to show both standard configuration parameters and device-specific functions eliminates the need for vendor-specific tools. This means that user have freedom to choose best-in-class instruments, no need to be tied to single vendor.
Metso FieldCare is universal FDT-based software. FDT (Field Device Tool) is an open software specification supported by major instrument and control system suppliers. It consists of an FDT frame application and DTMs (Device Type Managers).
It is independent of communication protocol. A DTM is a user interface for device operation that is developed by the device vendor and can be used in any frame application.
Metso FieldCare makes it easy
Access to all essential data
- With a single tool, you can manage multiprotocol field networks and devices for which DTMs exist.
- Tracking of user changes, this allows for traceability of actions who was logged on, what was done and when
Open device support
- DTMs show all device features, both standard configuration parameters and device specific functions. This maximizes device performance and eliminates the need to have vendor-specific tools, in short, FieldCare helps you get the best out of every device.
- Documentation management, easy access devise specific documents
On-line condition monitoring
- Any device vendor can create its own DTMs and show all features as they like
- Allows you to choose 'Best in Class' devices, no need to be tied to single vendor
FieldCare 1.6 Service Pack (SP1) version has been released!
FieldCare 1.6 SP1 version contains a lot of improvements. Especially an installation and update from the previous versions have been improved.
Fixes in SP1 version include:
- Collects on-line data and provides tools for predictive maintenance planning
- Labour is better allocated to the right problems and unnecessary work is avoided.
- Service work history report
FieldCare 1.6 SP1 Device Setup is available for download in Metso webpages.
FieldCare 1.6 licenses work also with FieldCare 1.6 SP1.
If you are already using FieldCare 1.6, there is no need to update to SP1-version.
Metso FieldCare 1.6 SP1 device setup
Download file (.zip, 600Mb)
- Problems with failed installations fixed.
- Update from 1.5 is much faster and progress of database conversion is shown during update.
- Problems with scandinavian characters in update fixed.
- SS88-restrictions removed from PlantView. PlantView can be modified same way as in FieldCare 1.5.
- Checklist CSV export working.
- Problems with ND9000 statuses during update fixed.
Read more about customer comments
NESTE OIL puts its trust in Metso FieldCare (.pdf)
At Kruger Wayagamack PM4
FieldCare at Mondi, Richards Bay
Smart valves and online monitoring improve operations at Iggesund
Case Degussa (.pdf)
UPM’s Wisaforest pulp mill (.pdf)
M-real’s Husum mill (.pdf)
TOTAL refinery at Spergau (.pdf)
Neste Oil refinery at Naantali (.pdf)
Metsä-Botnia Joutseno Mill (.pdf)
» Link to technical bulletin